Services and Insurance
Psychotherapy, Counseling, and Psychopharmacology
In general, many patients with anxiety and depression do best with
psychotherapy as the primary modality of treatment and medication that is
used as an adjunct, as necessary. The doctors practice several types of
therapy including insight-oriented therapy and psychoanalytic
psychotherapy that emphasize understanding the basic cause of one's
symptoms as the means by which to eliminate those symptoms. Therapy can be
short-term or long-term, depending upon the needs of the individual patient.
As physicians familiar with the biological and psychological aspects of a
patient's emotional life, the doctors are able to evaluate and screen
patients for medical problems that might contribute to their psychological
distress. They bring the experience of a trained physician to therapy.
Although it is by no means necessary for all patients, the doctors are
capable of evaluating each patient for his or her need for any medication,
and if necessary, prescribing the medication.
In marital and family therapy, a combined approach is often necessary. It is
important to recognize that there are at least three entities in any
relationship. The relationship itself is as important an element in the
therapeutic situation as are the two partners to the relationship
themselves. Recognizing the need for the relationship to succeed is of
essence in the repair of a relationship having difficulties. In therapy with
children, frequently the stress on the relationship of the parents has been
so strained that it will require effort to repair.
Types of Patients Treated
The doctors are often asked about the type of patients they treat. In
general, they see patients with the following types of problems and needs:
• Anxiety or neurosis
• Dysthymic disorders
• Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD/ADD)
• Obsessive or compulsive behaviors (OCD)
• Generalized Anxiety Disorder
• Panic Attacks
• Marital problems and Marital Therapy and Counseling
• Relationship problems
• Family issues and Family therapy and Counseling
• Grief with the loss or illness of a loved one
• Life stresses
• Issues resulting from one's childhood
• Child and adolescent school and home issues
• Womans' Issues, including postpartum, premenstrual, & menopause
• Life Coaching and Counseling
• Executive and Business Coaching
This is a general listing of conditions that the doctor treats. The
appropriateness of any individual patient for treatment by Dr. Belkin is
determined on a case-by-case basis.
Insurances We Participate With
- Blue Cross and Blue Shield
- Blue Cross and Blue Shield PPO
- Blue Cross and Blue Shield Community Blue
- Blue Cross and Blue Shield MESSA
- Beaumont Employee Health Plan (BEHP and BSC)
- Cofinity (PPOM)
- Connecticut General
- United Health Care/ United Behavioral Health
We also participate with and accept several other insurance companies.
Please contact the office if you have any questions.
Visa, Mastercard, and Discover accepted